Friday, November 7, 2008

Asked and Answered

Yes, it’s time to read my email and answer your questions…

Asked: Have you seen Rolling Stone’s list of the 100 greatest singers ever? What do you think? -Kim

Answered: I haven’t seen much of it, Kim, but I heard Ron-the-radio-god and his crew discussing it. They were beside themselves and think Rolling Stone is on crack. I was planning to really check it out and write about it next week.


Asked: When are you coming to Childress? -JL

Answered: I was there a couple of weeks ago, but didn’t really get out and about. We will be celebrating Thanksgiving in Childress, so I’ll be there in a couple of weeks.


Asked: Really cool trivia on the presidents! What did you think about the outcome of the presidential election? -CH

Answered: While I didn’t vote for Barack Obama, I think it is very exciting that an African-American was elected to the presidency. Our country has come a long way sing the murder of Martin Luther King, Jr. 40 years ago. Obama’s candidacy led to many new registered voters, and I hope that now that they have participated in the electoral process that they will continue to do so.


Asked: I thought your columns on citizenship were very interesting, and I learned a lot, like my criminal ex-husband probably couldn’t become an American if he hadn’t been born here. -Me

Asked: Thanks for the information on becoming a citizen. That’s something I’ve never thought about. -JJ

Answered: Thanks, Me and JJ!


Asked: The citizenship test was not easy, and I barely passed! But I’m glad I took it, because I think its information Americans should know! -WH

Answered: I’m glad you took it and looked up the answers, and I agree with you.


Asked: Hey Shawn, I scored 89% on the citizenship test! What two questions did you miss? -Ron

Answered: For the life of me, I can’t seem to keep Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts’ name in my head. Seems like the other was the one (I’m so embarrassed!) on powers of the state.

–oOo–

Feel free to email me with your questions and comments: displaced_texan@rocketmail.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment